Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ursula Von Rydingsvard!!!!!





What I’m most drawn to about this work is the way Rydingsvard uses mass to build the texture on the surface of her work. Although as I wrote that I realized it’s almost contradictory. Maybe it would be more appropriate to say I appreciate that there is no surface treatment to her work. The surface is rather the result of the process of construction, maybe even consequential???
I’m also really drawn to the poetic beauty of her work. She makes the conception of metaphor look easy!! Rydingsgard uses her process to achieve access to her memories. It is as though she has invented a way to connect with memories through the processes of construction, thus re-creating her experience and additionally orchestrating an experience for the viewer.

No comments: